Job Posting: Dec. 28, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Trail Builder’s primary function is to work with Island Mountain Rides’s Lead Builder/Project Manager to construct new trails and perform maintenance on existing recreation trails.
Location: Campbell River area.
Timeline/Hours: Work will be taking place January 4 – March 31st, 2021. Work will occur on weekdays and possibly weekends also. Applicant will need a flexible schedule and will be able to react to changes due to weather and other environmental factors.
40 hrs/week, but part-time positions may also be considered.
Reports To: Lead Builder/Project Manager
Utilizing Hand tools to break ground and shape dirt and other materials into trails.
Building of bridges on-site with locally sourced materials.
Brushing forest underbrush using gas powered hedge trimmer or similar tools.
- Previous trail building skills and experience preferred. Trail building skills course completion at a recognized school or through RCCC or UROC is preferred also, but not necessary for employment.
- A passion for mountain biking and other outdoor recreation suits is also important.
- The ability to work in a team environment with positive attitude and work well with others.
- Desire and ability to work hard and with minimal oversight.
- Tolerance for discomfort. Work happens even in cold and wet weather and the ability to maintain team spirit in those conditions is important.
- Passion for trail building, growing the sport of mountain biking.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and the ability to get to the job site.
- Chainsaw operation experience and skills a plus.
Compensation: $18.50 per hour to start, possible higher rates based on experience and qualifications.
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Mountain Bike Guides
Update: Dec. 28, 2020. Due to Covid, 2020 was an incredibly slow year. We are hoping that International Tourism will be back in 2021. If that happens it is possible that we may need guides for part time on call work.
If you have a flexible schedule and are looking to ride your bike and meet new people from all over the world, please contact us.
Guides Should have the following skills, training and experience:
- Current First Aid Training (40+hr Wilderness or equivalent preferred)
- Knowledge of Cumberland, Forbidden Plateau, Campbell River and Hornby Island trail networks preferred.
- Current mountain bike guiding or instruction certification preferred. (PMBIA or equivalent certifications)
- High level of mountain bike skill.
- High level of fitness.
- Mountain bike guiding experience or experience in other outdoor tour guiding.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence
- Outgoing personality and willing to meet new people.
- Knowledge of bike repair and maintenance for fixing and repairing trail-side issues.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for pricing or contact us for more details and availability at:
Check out our social media channels for daily news, photos and videos:
Island Mountain Rides is proud to be supported by: